Sunday, May 15, 2016

Avocado Egg Quesadilla



Sunday mornings means there is a little extra time to spend on things you enjoy. Some may use this time as a recovery period for Saturday night's antics. Today I want to take the time to enjoy breakfast, but since my breakfast didn't take very long to make, I have more time to do something else I enjoy!

I woke up to several avocado toast recipes on Facebook and knowing I had two avocados who were "no longer useful beyond a spread", according to my fiance, I knew I needed to incorporate avocado's this morning. We don't usually buy loaves of bread, but we still have tortilla wraps left! I think eggs and avocado are amazing on a large, thinly sliced piece of bread but this will do. Creamy avocado and a fluffy egg with a few turns of the pepper mill, along with a mug of green tea was a great way to start the day.

AVOCADO EGG QUESADILLA


1/2 ripe avocado
fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
1 medium or large egg
1 Don Poncho Ancient Grains tortilla wrap

  1. Wash the avocado skin and cut avocado in half. Remove the avocado from the skin and spread onto half of the tortilla. 
  2. Add freshly cracked black pepper to the top of the avocados.
  3. Fry an egg on medium heat until fully cooked. Add cooked egg on top of the avocados.
  4. Fold the tortilla in half and lightly press with spatula. Allow to toast on this side for 10 or more seconds and flip, repeating on the other side.
  5. Enjoy it cut or whole, with your favorite morning beverage.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Is there anything I missed? Tried the recipe and hate it? Let me know!