Friday, May 13, 2016

Breakfast Quesadilla

My mom is a forager, this means she will collect wild edibles for our family's consumption. She was out in the Oslo area when she came across an egg stand selling organic eggs. They were so colorful and our family consumes a lot of eggs, so she bought two dozen and brought them home. It's kind of a waste to use them in something that I end up freezing, but I used a few to make one of my favorite breakfast meal preps: the breakfast quesadilla.

Normally I make 8 of these at a time, but I stuck to 3 this week. Just learned from work we are going on furlough, so we'll be working less hours per week to keep the company afloat. This is definitely the time I should be saving money by preparing food from home. Good thing I already do! I like to fill up on protein and fiber during breakfast, and eggs are one of the easiest ways to fill up on protein. I get whole wheat wraps to get the fiber. 

BREAKFAST QUESADILLA


2 eggs per quesadilla
1 oz cheese per quesadilla
1 Don Poncho Ancient Grain Whole grain tortilla

  1. Crack 2 eggs into a heated skillet right next to each other, on medium low. Break the yolk in the center and once whites have set, flip the eggs together. 
  2. Once eggs have cooked completely, lift the eggs together with a flat spatula, and place the tortilla in the heated pan. Flip the tortilla after 10 seconds and sprinkle half of the cheese on half of the tortilla. 
  3. Place the eggs on top of the cheese and sprinkle the rest of the cheese on top of the eggs. 
  4. Fold the tortilla over the eggs and cheese and press. Heat for at least 10 seconds and flip the quesadilla, pressing and cooking at least 10 seconds on the other side.
  5. Move the quesadilla to a clean plate and allow to cool. Continue with other quesadillas. 
  6. Wrap the cooled quesadillas in plastic so no air is in the package. Freeze and enjoy for up to 3 weeks.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Is there anything I missed? Tried the recipe and hate it? Let me know!